Friday, July 29, 2011

Wasted Foods Issue

http://wildsingaporenews.blogspot.com/2010/05/food-waste-in-malaysia.html

I have the urge to write about this issue, after seeing yet another scene of foods wasted. In fact, it has become so common to us Malaysian.
I can only provide some solutions and hopefully it helps. There is no point for me to just voice my anger over this. i admit i cannot bear with it due to my upbringing but it is not right nor helpful to just put my anger on this.
I am not suppose to judge before i understand the whole situation if it is applicable.

Solutions
1. I strongly exhort parents to educate their children to understand their hunger and order what you need only. also, the concept of taking away your unfinished foods is wise and need to be cultivated.

2. While eating out, if you are unsure about the portion of your food, ask or request a smaller portion (ask also for discount if you request a small portion =p). Another way is to make your eating partner finish it for you or order a large portion and just share.    

3. Restaurants can also adopt this tactic to help this issue by giving customers choice of smaller portion at a lesser price if they are able to. It should be beneficial for both side..        

No comments: